Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yes I'm Still Alive!!

Yes I am still here....Michelle you are right, I am crazy busy...lol!! I'm not sure if I'll make it out to Mukwonago next week, but I really am going to try--it's exciting for this church plant because there's been a lot of people in that area praying about it for a while and it's finally coming to fruition.

My schedule is quite crazy actually until we leave for the Philippines. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Here's what we've been up to since getting back.

Last week I was able to take a little time off from work which was wonderful. I actually still did a lot of what I needed to--I just did it from home on my laptop. The 4th we watched the parade and then cooked out at my Grandma's. Last 4th of July there. Then we went to swim at my parent's and watch the fireworks from their backyard. It's cool because we can see like 5 or 6 fireworks displays from their yard. Thursday I worked and the kids hung out at my parent's house. The weekend was spent getting the house back in order from being gone--swimming at my parents house and going to church. On Sunday I spoke at our church during 3rd service at "Iced Expresso" a special ministry starting between the 20 Something Ministry and Woman's Ministry. It's a really cool effort to combine young 20 something women with "older" (and that is totally relative because at 36 I am older!!) seasoned women as mentors or teachers. I spoke on our identity in Christ and it seemed to go well. I felt very comfortable and enjoy teaching/speaking so that was good.

This week was back in full swing at camp. Marlon is crazy busy this week with meetings, an interview, curriculum writing at school (he teaches one day a week at a school in Milw) Izzy had soccer practise on Monday, Jordyn went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter last night, I had a Teen MOPS meeting tonight, I have worship rehearsal tomorrow, Jordyn goes to her dad's on Friday until the 20th, Izzy has a game on Sat. morning, Marlon speaks at his grandfather's church on Sunday, I'm onstage all weekend...Sunday we may have to go to a prison...wow. Writing it all down it seems totally mental that our life would look like that. No wonder I don't have any laundry done!! lol

Next week continues to be full, but much of it is getting ready for our next mission trip. We will be gone from the 22nd until Aug. 2 doing prison ministry there. I am so excited, but I am a little nervous for the longggggggggg flight.

I am maintaining. I really don't like being in a maintaining place because I feel somewhat disengaged from life. I can only become surface involved in order to maintain my sanity, my focus and keeping on task. I've been praying basically non-stop all day, but have been neglecting my bible time. I've studied---for the talk I did, for speaking I may do in the Philippines...but I haven't just been in my own personal study. Marlon and I have been talking about starting a couple's small group. I think for many years we just had so much...issues, stresses, personal things to work on...that a couples small group just wasn't a good choice. We both feel like we are ready to be accountable as a couple---to have a group of couples that we confide in, share with, pray for...when we get back from the Philippines we are going to look into this. The main thing is that it will need to be people we know we can be open, honest and free with.

One exciting decision we've made is that for our tenth anniversary in Jan. we are going to go on a cruise. We've never been on one and we never had a honeymoon so it will be a great treat and blessing all around.

Anyway---it's getting late and I've finally let my mind unwind enough to lay down so I'd better get some sleep!

PEACE

1 comment:

Amy said...

Whatever happened to the "dog days of summer"? Aren't we supposed to be laying in our hammocks sipping lemonade?

he he...not in any of our lives!

Thanks for helping with the dishes when you came to the meeting the other night...I had planned on having that all done but oh well such is life in our crazy house :)