Saturday, June 2, 2007

A hodge podge of happenings...

Last night we had so much fun hanging out with our friends the Andersons and the Spanos. Amy made some very yummy chicken and there was just a ton of sides. Grandma was so sweet and cute! She ate with us and showed off her living quarters to us (wonderful job Troy and Amy!!)...you could tell she was so happy to be somewhere she could call home! Owen was such a doll---he has such beautiful eyes. We played with the Wii, so much fun. We might have to break down and have that be a family gift at Christmas time because we all had a blast.


*****************My Jorgie and her friend Kristie in Wis. Dells************

Jordyn chose to hang out at her friend's Molly's house all night instead. She got her first assignment in for next year's AP US History class. It was due June 1st. Now she has another due in July. This AP stuff is gonna kill us! Of course in the long run it's worth it because it could save her from having to do some credits in college. For her classes in the fall---US History, $85 for the books and for Econ $95! Of course due next week and we just got the letter on Thursday. Never mind that the test in the spring will be close to $100 each! Blech! She is so intelligent and talented though--how can we not allow her this? She actually had such high grades (A+) in a few of her classes that she doesn't even have to take the final. Since she already took her AP World History test that's done--yearbook didn't have a final....so next week she only has to take 2 finals. Then she will be a junior! That is crazy to me. I can't believe that she will be graduating in 2 years.

Today was a long day. Helped my friends move in the morning, Izzy's game was cancelled due to flooded fields, ran errands, went to my cousin's birthday party, swam at my parents, ran to the grocery store, made tacos for Marlon, visited with my Grandma...now I am in my jammies and ready to lay down. I have some stuff to do for a meeting tomorrow, but I may just lay down and then get up early to do it. We'll see.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Much love to you!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Had a great time last night too :)

Wii was fun...and I beat Troy at bowling! That is HUGE! Just a little competitive :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Anonymous said...

It was Maggie's house, not Molly's house. Silly mommy.