Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Kilyoni


Kilyoni and Marlon

I spoke in May about our meeting with Kilyoni and a potential trip to Zambia. I wanted to introduce you (virtually anyway) to Kilyoni, the man that we met and Marlon connected with so well. He is very kind and gentle, with a childlike faith that reminded me to rejoice in all things...with abandon and praise for our great God. Even the littlest thing amazed and awed him--it is so good to put life into perspective that way. Sometimes we get so bogged down with all of our own craziness and chaos...things like font and color of paper for a project...things like whether or not to have pizza or subs for a luncheon...things like whether or not we had enough to do in our free time. I am not finger pointing because believe me I am at fault of these things as well, but really people...in the scheme of life and our ultimate goal of living as a sacrifice for God's will...do any of those things matter. I am committed to being aware of my shortcomings in this area of making little things big and focusing on stuff rather than salvation.

Thank you Kilyoni for sharing our joy for life and love for our King with us.

No comments: