Saturday, July 15, 2006

Friendship



This is a picture of Isaiah and his friend, Peter. Isaiah and Peter became friends through Sunday school and hit it off. It's so neat how God can bring people together that might not otherwise ever cross paths. They don't attend the same school, our families (other than having 4 kids) really don't intersect in other areas, we don't live in the same neighborhood...yet this friendship has grown to involve basketball, birthday parties, hanging out on Sundays. Seeing them together is fun because they have similar personalities and just enjoy hanging out.

Seeing how their friendship has grown over the last couple of years makes me think of how important it is to have Christian friends. Friends that not only believe in the same things as you, share your values and pray for you...but will hold you accountable for your behavior and steer you back on track when you stray. I think of my friends who keep me in check, but also root me on...pray for my family...rejoice in how God works in my life and I am filled with joy and can't help but smile. Seeing my children start those kind of friendships now--is amazing.

No comments: