Thursday, July 27, 2006

Interesting

So last night we went with friends to Willow Creek church down in IL (Barrington, I think) It was sooooooooooo huge. Oh my goodness, anyone who thinks Elmbrook is big would fall over seeing this church! I guess is big is totally all in perspective. The main sanctuary seats 8,500! We had a blast with our friends (thanks again for driving Stuedemanns) but I am still processing my thoughts about the service.

Music worship was very different. It almost felt like a concert. So while I enjoyed being able to worship at the top of my lungs and not draw attention to myself...I did not feel the spirit moving through the place. I did not feel as if the "worship team" was really there to guide us into the Lord's presence. The speaker was fun, entertaining and engaging...but I really didn't see any substance in what he was saying. It could be that is what their Wednesday night service is set up to be. I think he'd be an awesome keynote/seminar speaker...but unsure how I'd feel about him being my pastor each week. I think I'd need to see him again once or twice to make a proper assessment. They had a food court (with amazing food I must say) and awesome graphics, technology, promo, etc.

On a different note--we have a fun night ahead...due to the storms, both soccer for Isaiah and Izzy's baseball game were cancelled (wooohoooo--but don't tell them I said so...lol) Instead we are going to dinner at our friends house (again thanks Stuedemann's for feeding us!!)and just hanging out there.

Be back soon...enough of this waiting one or two weeks to blog. I need to get back in the swing of it. Have a good night!

No comments: