Friday, August 4, 2006

Jackie and Kavon

I am so happy to know this young lady. She is part of Teen MOPS and has become a friend of mine. These pictures were taken at our Teen MOPS cook-out this July. Her son Kavon loved the water and it was nice for her to get a little break too. She has since had her new baby (a son Kamron-who I got to be the labor coach for!!)and lives in the apartments right at the end of my block.
She came to the group kind of skeptical and jaded. Quiet and an introvert, I think many of the leaders weren't quite sure how to approach her. To spend time with her now...it's like night and day. She shares her feelings, talks about her struggles and reaches out more often for help. This summer she started attending the weekly bible study one of the leaders is holding at the teen center and really seems to enjoy it. I just wanted to share a little of why teen MOPS is so special to me. It's making connections and loving each other where we are at.


No comments: