Saturday, August 26, 2006

Off to a good start!

So the first day of our second tournament is over. We won both of our games. The first game we won 6-0 and the 2nd game we won 14-1. Our boys are really coming along great. It's funny because when we switched Isaiah to select this season, there was a little part of me that was apprehensive. The time committment, the way it takes over the family for over 2 months, the cost. But it's been nothing but pleasurable so far. Even today sitting in the pouring rain watching them...I was very content and having a great time. Starting with two tournaments was great because it really gave the families a time to bond as well. With all of the time we will spend together it's really nice to get to know each other and enjoy each other's company. Today after our 2nd game we went to the Mineshaft and hung out for a couple of hours. The kids had a blast in their game room upstairs. Now we're unwinding for the night, I'm doing some cleaning and after watching a movie we'll head to bed.

On a totally unrelated note, I start school on Monday. I am going to get my certificate in Biblical Studies. I am very excited because while I have the hands on ministry experience and definately serve in numerous capacities...my biblical knowledge is still lacking and I know I can more effectively serve if I have a better understanding of the bible. Not just the verses and stories that apply to my life...but the whole of the book and it's impact and truth. My first class will be Old Testament Survey......boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg! Everyone I've ever talked to that has taken this class (no matter what school) says how dry and boring it is! A ton of reading and figuring out things that I might never have thought about. Also I have not personally read much of the Old Testament. While I know many of the stories...that is not the same. I pray that I can stay focused and diligent in reading and my work so that I don't see it as a chore but as the first step in following God's path for my future in ministry.

Alright...off to get the rest of my night underway!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you. Who would of thought this was the direction you would have taken. I know where God leads you will follow. We'll be praying for you, always.
Love Momma