Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A blessing...

I love how God can use all different ways to bless. How simple things, unexpected people and random acts of kindness just show up at unforeseen times. Tonight in Clubhouse Kids I was awed at seeing His hand at work.

Due to some unexpected things we were going to be a few people short tonight. I sent an e-mail asking a few people if they might be able to step in and help...just to make sure we'd have everything covered.Once we got in the swing of things...the amazing things I saw just made me so full of peace that I had to share and write this....

Unity–noun, plural -ties. 1. the state of being one; oneness. 2. a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one. 3. the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification. 4. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character. 5. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.
That is the Websters definiton of Unity.

Scripture says...1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. (Eph 4:1-6)

THAT. THAT is what I saw tonight. That kind of unity.


People coming to serve that have absolutely NO connection to Clubhouse Kids. No kids enrolled, no sense of obligation, no reason to be there. It was not about the program or what they were going to get from it. It was about knowing that there was a need, feeling the call to come and then agreeing to be there. One not even hearing or knowing about it until 10 minutes prior.


People serving alongside each other who might never otherwise connect. Doing it as an organic entity...like the human body. The body is made up of many different parts...but not different parts assembled together like a car or a building. It starts as a cell...and grows and changes and develops into the whole. Like the body. Like what I saw tonight...the Spirit is like that. It connects and changes and becomes one. Tonight I saw the Spirit throughout Clubhouse Kids.


To be fully unified...all of the parts must function together, yet independently. There can be no pride, no division, no seperation. While there is unity...there is not conformity or uniformity. There is diversity. There is freedom of individuality. There is acceptance of others. Each role is important. There is no star. There is no pride. As I look back over the evening, I have such joy as I think about what I saw.


I am so excited to see what God is going to do this year in Clubhouse Kids. I am thankful that I get to be a part of it. I am grateful to the many people that have been praying for me...my sanity, my leadership, my work load. I am filled with JOY when I see the faces of the kids as they share with their parents what they learned about...how nice their teacher is...that they really wish it wasn't time to go home.
Tonight the church body came together and served in UNITY and I just had to share it!!
To God be the Glory!!

No comments: