Friday, October 24, 2008

Learning and growing

I have been learning so much about myself, leadership, conflict, change in the last month...I am coming out of it growing and understanding, it's a good thing.

While there certainly isn't total peace in my heart yet about everything that is going on, there is commitment to stand firm in what Christ would have me do...respond as Christ would have me respond...

Tonight my boss and I are going to dinner with the volunteer who I have been having conflict with. More and more I see that I have to make the choice what to enter into. There are some key ministry decisions that might be best for the kids, the department, our mission to kids. These do not and should not reflect the fact that we don't get along the best. I want to always lead humbly, out of reverence for God's timing and with His hand on all situations. Dinner tonight was extended before the issue I talked about previously in my other post...but there was no reason not to keep it. In fact, how precious is God's timing that we would have this opportunity outside of the walls of the church, away from ministry to just break bread together. I have no grandiose expectations for the evening other than a chance to reach out and build bridges. Whether or not we see eye to eye or are each other's cup of tea...I want to do what I can to extend grace and love.

Scripture says to make every effort...and so I will. Not out of obligation, but out of a desire to be obedient and knowing that God will bless the situation and He goes before me.

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I hope the dinner serves the purpose you are praying for-to build bridges. Good luck my friend. We'll be waiting to hear the outcome and praying while we wait.

Luanne