Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's all about You, Jesus!

Ok...she might just die of embarrassment...but I really just have to post this not simply because of bragging mom rights. :)I post this also...as full fledged proof of God's redeeming grace and forgiveness...His merciful way of taking our trash and making wonderful amazing things from it...His never-ending, no boundaries, unconditional love.Many of you know that I was 19 when I got pregnant.


Shortly after I turned 20 Jordyn was born and I was thrust into motherhood. For the most part, I was a good mom. But every moment that she was with her dad...I threw myself into a crazy, wild, "Girls Gone Wild" existence. I ran from God every chance I had. I kept Him in a box and brought Him out when I had messed up and needed a savior. It wasn't until many, many years later that I realized that what I really needed was a SAVIOR! It's been a whirlwind journey and I am continually in awe of my Jesus.


So when Jordyn brought this letter of recommendation home, well it brought me to tears. There are so many that would have looked at me....20 years old, a party girl, inexperienced young mom who basically grew up with my daughter, working full time and in college, relying so much on my parents....and never, never have imagined that my daughter would have turned out like this. Please read it as a reminder that NOBODY is ever a lost cause. Please know that I am not looking for kudos as her mom. As a parent I can take only a very small sliver of credit...He has created and gifted her to be an outstanding human being with an amazing future ahead of her. He has done that.


To whom it may concern,
It is with great pleasure that I recommend Jordyn Calderon to your university. I have had the opportunity to work with Jordyn throughout her high school experience as her yearbook advisor. Jordyn joined the staff during her sophomore year and quickly became one of the leaders of the yearbook class. She served as the junior editor and now is the senior editor. Such a title does not come without hard work and persistence. I am constantly impressed by Jordyn's ability to lead by example and the passion she puts into making a nationally recognized yearbook. It is obvious that the other staff members look up to her and that Jordyn has the necessary skills to become a successful teacher. In fact, I can not imagine a better teacher candidtate and can only hope that Jordyn will teach my children someday.
Jordyn is a very balanced young woman. I believe she has developed this characteristic by being involved in a variety of school and community activities. During her time at Waukesha South she has participated in National Honor Society, Prom Committee, stage crew and Yearbook. She has also spent time volunteering at her church and preparing various community events. During all of these time consuming activities Jordyn has maintained a part time job and outstanding academics. Academics are extremely important to Jordyn. She is a student who is constantly challenging herself and truly loves learning. She has taken and been successful in all eight of her advanced placement classes.Jordyn possesses many wonderful qualities.
However, one quality that I feel is in special need of recognition is her genuine sincerity towards others. Jordyn is a very caring person who can relate to all different types of people. I have seen Jordyn demonstrate this quality firsthand in the classroom and with her friends.
In closing, I hope you will consider Jordyn Calderon as an applicant to your university. By helping Jordyn pursue her dreams at your university..you will in turn be helping our society, for I know Jordyn will be a strong leader in her community in the years to come.



To God be the Glory.

No comments: