Tuesday, May 30, 2006

what's new?

What a busy weekend we had. It seemed to just fly by, even with Monday off. I did get out and walk every day with my parents. We walked twice around the river (which is about 3 miles). My sister had us over on Monday for a cook out and the kids had a great water gun fight (which of course some of the adults got in on) and then we headed back to my Grandma's for a cook-out for her birthday. (She is 74 today!)

Some good things to be thankful for: Jordyn was student of the month AGAIN, this time in Health Education. Elijah decided to audition for an actual part for the summer musical at Elmbrook (those of you who know my theatre/dance background know I lovee that). Marlon and I decided about the Zambia trip. He will be going to Zambia in October with, God willing, a stop in Nairobi to see the Ryders. While it would be fun for me to go, it is not imperative to the mission of the crusade to go at that exact time and both of us leaving the kids for 3 weeks just is not realistic nor something we feel God is calling us to do as a couple right now. Court is just a week away and then Marlon will officially and legally be Isaiah's father (something he's been in love and spirit since he was just a few months old.) I helped Jackie (a girl from teen MOPS) move and it was a good bonding experience for us. We went to a prison on Sunday (thanks mom and dad AGAIN for helping out with the kids)and an inmate, Angela and I had a great talk about leaving a negative relationship.

Tonight I went to a very fun pearl jewelry party. Thanks Roberta :) for inviting me. If I have one you'll all have to come because it is very cool. You get to actually pick out the oyster you want and then the consultant pulls it open and inside is the pearl==you pay 8.95 (to have it set in one of their jewelry pieces) and the pearl could be worth over $100!! One woman pulled out a really beautiful blue pearl. It's amazing to me how something as ugly as an oyster can produce such a beautiful gem as a pearl!

Well--off to switch the laundry and then get some sleep!

No comments: