Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Busy for God

Amazing things happen everyday and we so often miss them.

First of all, I had such a grand weekend. Even though I
was thoroughly exhausted physically, I just felt at peace
in my spirit and like I knew I was doing what I should be.
This weekend was the Children's Ministry conference and
it went pretty well. It's fun to be part of something
that comes together and that people have positive things
to say about. My friend Andrea and Phoebe (who I met at
the ministry wives conference)were able to come. It makes
me feel good that they were able to gather helpful info
to take back to their church plant.

Sat. was really the day...lol. There was the conference,
Upward basketball and Couples Date night. I was involved
in all three. Even with all of our activities, it is
very rare that so many things collide on the same day.
A special gift, however, was that since almost all of our
things occur at Elmbrook, I was able to be part of it all.
Conference from 7-12, Upwards from 12-4 and then date night
from 4-9:45...lol. Writing it down makes it look much
worse than it was. I got to see the kids all afternoon with
Upward (they all play as you know) and then Marlon had gotten
them all tickets for the All-Star soccer match so they were
gone all night anyway--why not serve? Why not put my gifts
to use to help others? It is rewarding.

So after church and my parents on Sunday, I was pretty tired.
But as I stated earlier, not in way that made me regret
doing it, or feel like a martyr...in a way that made me
content that I was in the right place at the right time for
the Lord. That is a great feeling :) Also, my cousin signed
a card at church that he had asked God into his heart and
wants to know more about what that all means. Hallelujah!!!

Wednesday is our church's annual meeting. The staff is working
the event. I think it's going to be so fun! I am praying for
the night to run smoothly and for people to get their own
yucky feelings out of the way so that God can do what He plans
to. What is one night to make the congregation feel how important
they are to the church and how they mean a lot to what comes next.

On a different note--Happy Valentine's Day! Although, if you are
living out God's love it really shouldn't be that special of a day!
Hug someone you care about and tell them how much they mean!!

No comments: