Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just about a week???

I can't believe it's been just about a week since I've left a post. Not sure if
that is more an indication of business or forgetfulness...lol. We had a wonderful
weekend. After basketball on Sat. Jordyn and I went to Lynetta's bridal shower.
It was fun because we played some games that I never have before and also because
Marlon's family loves to see Jordyn and they don't get to that often. The wedding
is less than 2 months away---it'll be so fun! Marlon and the boys went to visit
with Pops and Uncle Keith, so they had a great afternoon/evening too. On Sunday,
church was special. The 4th and 5th graders were learning about adultery and this
was taught to them by having a mock wedding ceremony (which I sang 'You Raise Me Up' for) and then the bride and groom spoke to them and they had time to ask questions.
Isaiah, who is in 4th grade, said that it was cool and he enjoyed it.
This week so far at work has been busy--but definately not mentally.
I was thinking how just the job switch changed my life so much.
I am so much more refreshed now. I get home in the evenings and have energy for my
family and can leave my work at work. God so blessed us with this. I do love
keeping in touch with some of my old clients, however, at this stage of life,
I am happy to have a job that is pretty much mindless, yet still challenges my
spirituality, encourages me to grow in my faith and provides support.
I have been thinking more about school and Marlon has been so supportive--he very
much wants me to go back. I'd probably look into Trinity (classes are held at
Elmbrook) or maybe do Moody like he does (correspondance) I'd only take one class at a time for now (at least until he is finished) I am certain we would qualify
for financial aid-so that would help cover cost. Please pray for wisdom in this
area of my life and wise decision making.
Tomorrow and Friday I have Excel training in Milwaukee. I am kind of excited
because I really don't know Excel that well. I have self-taught some basic so
that I can do what I need to, but I know that there is so much more to it than
that and I love trainings.

No comments: