Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Devotion

First-I must send love and congratulations to my dear friend Amy. She and her husband just found out they are expecting!! They've been so patient and God is so good.
Next-amazing things continue to happen at the Pitchford house. We serve an awesome God and He is so faithful to our sad, little selves! When you see the hand of God on your children, I think that is the best feeling and I thank Him that He gives us those special times. As I am "re" preparing my testimony to give in the prisons this month, I am truly reminded at what He delivered me from. The woman I see in the mirror...this is a true disciple of Christ--living each day for Him and trying to be where He wants me to be when He wants me to. It's the least I can do for all He's done for me!

Finally...in my devotion book this morning it is talking about how we so often look to the left and to the right, but don't really see what is going on around us. We either block out the hurting, distressed people or feel that since we can't do anything about it-it's not our problem. Imagine if Jesus had acted that way. You can't-because you know it wasn't His nature. But ours? It's so easy to fall into a pattern of disassocation and especially if we don't live in that world...
I think that's a copout we use. I am determined NOT to let myself get there. To that position of apathy. Jesus consistently showed compassion to those around Him. His disciples, the blind, poor, crippled, sinners...even those who sinned against Him. How often do we feel inconvenienced or "put upon" because someone needs us, or another cause needs money. The book suggested taking action today! It gave some options of how we could do that:
Make a love basket of food for a friend in need.
Write a note to a friend who has a need and tell her you are praying for her. Babysit for a friend who needs some free time to solve some of her problems. Call someone in need and lift her up with good thoughts of encouragement.


Better yet---do it for someone who isn't a friend. Do it just because it's what Christ would have done. Pray for someone you never would have imagined yourself praying for. The amazing thing is that in return, one day when you are down and out--discouraged and hurt, it just might be returned.

No comments: