Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What a Breakaway...

Breakaway was such a blessing this year. Breakaway is the women's conference that Elmbrook has each year. This year it was held at the Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva. It was so much fun. The past 5 years or so, I have attended with my mom, aunt and sister and this year my good friend Missy came along too. God is really working in her life---actually he's always working in our lives :) But in Missy I can really see her searching and wanting to find things out for herself.

For me...it reminded me that I need laughter in my life. It's a stress relief, it's healthy, and it's just good for the soul. The speaker Ellie Defaro was amazing and I am looking forward to reading her books. My mom, Missy and I each bought a different one so that we can exchange when we are done.

Jordyn got to spend the weekend with her dad which she loves to do. She only sees him about every other week now that he is working in IL, so it's fun for her to hang out with him. He bought her the Rent movie--so we are excited to watch that together.

Marlon and the boys had a weekend of sports and male bonding. Isaiah's game was on Saturday and he scored a goal! In just a couple short weeks he has already grown playing with this more experienced team. He says he is ready for Select and the work that will be involved.

Life moves on and I am making sure that I am fully involved in enjoying it. I am praying for peace and tranquility amidst the chaos of my life. Letting go of the unnecessary and putting all of my worries and concerns on Him as He is more than capable of handling it.

Thought for the Day

As you interact today with others...be gracious and loving, have compassion and kindness. Think of this passage
Colossians 4:2-6 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

No comments: