Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fun for the Pitchford men...

Marlon won tickets to the Bucks game last night. He was listening to sports radio while cooking dinner and there was the chance to call in--he got through! The boys were so excited!! So they quickly got ready and headed out the door. It's so fun to see them together-excited to be with their dad. I know sometimes he feels like all he gets is the big piece of chicken (for any of you Chris Rock fans you've heard that in his stand-up Bigger & Blacker) anyway...I know that our boys are sometimes mama's boys and probably because of my nurturing nature--they flock to me when hurt, sad, troubled. But I keep reminding Marlon that in a few years...Jordyn will be off at college and I will be in a housefull of men. And at 13, 14, 15...hugs and consolement from Mom might not be top of their list. When they have questions about girls, "men stuff", want to talk about sports...I hope that we are close enough that they will still love to come to me, but I'll understand if he is their go-to guy. In fact, I'm praying for it.

No comments: