Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Alive & Kickin'

I am still here. :) Camp started Mon. and couldn't be better!

Here's a little window into my past few days...

Last weekend was soccer in Rockford. Izzy had a game on Sat. as well---so Marlon did Rockford and I did baseball. Knowing I'd have a crazy week, I opted not to drive down to catch the 2nd game and instead lounged at the pool. Marlon and the boys joined us later and we swam for a bit before heading home so Marlon could pack. Jordyn spent the weekend with her dad. Sun. brought EARLY rising to be in Rockford by 6:15!!! Arrgh! We drove down in two cars and then Marlon left after the first game to go back home, snag his luggage and wait for Pops to pick him up. He and Pops stopped in Rockford to watch the game (which we won and Isaiah SCORED---his first for the spring session, wow was he excited) on their way to St. Louis. Marlon is going to be gone until Fri. evening at a Men's Conference.

After the games the boys and I headed to my parent's for a Father's Day cook-out. Some of my mom's family was there and we swam again. I tell you---what a blessing that pool is. It's so relaxing and fun to just pop in for a bit or stay and visit the whole day. :)

I headed home because I had a slew of work to do. Up to Sam's right at 7am when they opened on Monday and then straight to work. Camp was GREAT. Was there some chaos-of course it was the first day. Did we realize there were a few things to tweak so that things would run smoother--of course. BUT the kids had a blast, the parents were happy and God was exhaulted at every turn so what else could you ask for? Ended up having to stay until 6pm--I have a feeling my Mondays are going to be 11 hour days. The hard part is that I have to keep up with all of my other non-camp duties as well. It's going to be a whirlwind summer.

Sat. we leave for Biloxi. 6am. I am so excited for our whole family (and Collin) to have some undivided time together. While it's not really a vacation--we will be busy and working and with 11 other people--it will be nice to get away from the frenzy of our everyday life and experience something so special together. Saturday can't come soon enough. A nice long car ride to unwind and then one night hotel stay to swim and relax before getting to Biloxi on Sun. afternoon. That will be good.

Well, we need to be out of here by 7:15. Normally, I won't have to get to work until 8ish, but Brodie is having his baby...well his wife is having the baby...today so we need all hands on deck as much as possible. I just had to stop in and say hi and fill everyone in.

Love!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hello my dear friend. I am so happy things are going well for you. You have such a wonderful family. I may have to pop in that pool some time and enjoy a dip with you. I really miss our pool.
Good luck and have fun in Biloxi if I don't see or talk to you. Take lots of pictures. I know Collin is so excited to go. It will be an awesome experience for him. Thank God for you and your family to help and guide him. He really loves spending time with your family.
We will have to meet up when you get back. I certainly don't want to wait until soccer starts up again until I see you.
Have a wonderful and safe trip. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of Collin. We love you.