Thursday, June 28, 2007

Can't believe it's almost over!!!

Here's a couple of pictures. One of our whole Katrina Team 17 at God's Katrina Kitchen and one of my 3rd and 4th grade group from VBS.




I can't believe it's Thursday nite? This week flew by! I can't seem to get signed onto Marlon's e-mail so I'll have to do that update in the morning, but I thought I'd get a post done anyway. It's hard to even know where to start...

VBS---it has been so wonderful. The church here is sooo thankful that we've come down to help. Marlon, Collin and the boys have totally taken the game station and run with it! They developed games to play, made Friday a "water day" and Miss Cindy (the VBS director) is so thankful because they really didn't have any one to do games if they hadn't taken it. Jordyn has been so helpful in the craft room. She is patient and so detailed that she just takes any direction Miss Charlotte gives her and really keeps the kids on task to finish their projects in the allowed 25 minutes. I love our group. Tiffany, another WI lady on the trip came along to help when my group grew from 16 on Mon. to 24 by Tuesday! We've had a blast. My heart will definately miss these kids when we leave. A few have asked if we can come back next year for VBS--if it's at all possible, I'll definately be here! Tomorrow after VBS we have been invited to go to lunch with the rest of the team. It should be fun.

Yesterday and today for afternoon work project I was able to go to nursing homes with Miss Angel. Yesterday Izzy and Elijah came along to a small hospice home and we played games...today we went to a larger nursing home (Isaiah went this time) and sang songs for and with the elderly. What an experience. Miss Angel and I have made a real connection. She enjoyed my singing so much that tonight at spa night for the community ladies she made me sing for everyone...lol.

That leads me to the last thing I'll talk about tonight. Spa night. It's an Elmbrook tradition to have a Spa Nite whenever a group comes and so tonight was our turn. 15-20 women from the community and church family came for pedicures, facials, manicures, massages...it was so humbling to have them share their stories with us as we pampered them. A privilege. Nothing less then a privilege.

Well, the towels from spa night are finally in the dryer and I just tossed a load of our personal clothes in so I guess I will close up shop. Tomorrow will be a long day , VBS in the morning, lunch with the rest of the VBS crew, service projects in the afternoon, a deacon is bringing us all dinner and somewhere in there we have to clean the church before heading out EARLY Sat. morning.

Much love to you all!!! Beth---Collin is LOVING it! He already wants to come back in August with another group!

No comments: