Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just a little catch up...

I can't believe it's been a week again! Where in the world does time go? And why do we continously ask ourselves that when we know the answer!! lol

First---let me do my Thursday Thirteen----Things That Begin with H

1. holidays
2. home---I enjoy just being home relaxing---even if it doesn't happen often.
3. hip-hop music
4. hot tub
5. hot sauce
6. hotels (staying in a hotel is so much fun--especially when the kids are not with us!!)
7. hugging
8. Halloween....favorite scary movie of ALL time!
9. Heaven---how marvelous will it be when I get there!
10. history---I love knowing the past and trying to learn from it
11. Hawaii...alright I've never been there, but it's the one place that I daydream about vacationing with Marlon someday when we are old and gray!
12. helping
13. high heels...even though they aren't the best for my back/neck...I LOVE wearing them.

This week flew by---last week of school!! While I enjoy summer and all of the fun things that we get to do (especially this summer) I do worry because we always seem to be a little off kilter in the summer. I think we function best with a schedule and sometimes the summer gets thrown off. I am hoping with the kids at Camp Vertical and Jordyn part of the training program there---that it will help us stay on schedule.

This weekend was so beautiful out! We had a baseball game for Izzy and Isaiah had a soccer tournament. They took 3rd--played a little stale a few of the games, but overall they did well. Isaiah had tryouts and made the U-12 team. He was very excited. I keep instilling in him the need to always give 100% because us being friends with the coach means nothing. If he wasn't good enough he wouldn't make be on the team. If they give themselves too much kudos as a team and think they are the best out there---they get cocky. There is nothing worse than a big headed kid who thinks the world revolves around him and that he is the best thing that ever happened to a team. I never want Isaiah to be that kid. He can be confident and know that he needs to leave his heart on the field at the end of the game---but I never want him to think that he can't be replaced.

Spent a lot of the weekend at the pool. I could just sit in there all afternoon (well, actually most days I did...lol) It's so relaxing but really keeps from doing stuff here at home that I need to. Came home today though and got the dishes, vaccumming and dusting done. Now I'm just sitting for a minute and then I'm gonna go up and fold some clothes while I watch Law and Order (yay--for marathons and TBS) Marlon's school (where he teaches) had graduation today and then the teachers went out for dinner so he should be home in about an hour or so. He's gonna have to put some after sun on my back because I got a little red on my back today.

Tomorrow training for Camp Vertical starts. Jordyn is excited but I think really realizing what 40 hours a week means...lol. Her friend got her driver's license so she was gone gallavanting about all weekend with her...lol. I remember doing that with friends---what fun. Although it does cause a whole new sense of worry...lol.

Well, gotta go and give Grandma her shot. Have a good nite all!

No comments: