Monday, November 14, 2005

My First Day...

So today was my first day at Elmbrook, I must say that
it was wonderful! So inviting, so fun, so open...such
a different environment from where I came from at Lad
Lake. To start the day with prayer...to end meetings
with prayer...to see passion and respect in people's
eyes...very awesome. Will it be perfect-of course not!
But it will fill me up with the Lord and with His love,
challenging me to strengthen my walk and be that light.
On my way home, I got a little teary eyed, thinking of
how proud Granny would be that I was working at the
church and how she told me before she died that I was
supposed to do ministry full time. Little did she know
how soon that would come to pass.
My job is going to be very full, which I love because it
helps the day go faster. There is just always something
to do. As the next few days and weeks come to pass, I am
sure that I will encounter feelings of being overwhelmed,
but it so reassuring to know that if I need to stop to
pray or need to ask someone to pray with me, I can without
any issues.
And thanks, thanks, thanks to the Lord for giving me this
opportunity when He did, because I found out today that
there were some major changes at my old job that would
have made staying there unbearable for me.
On another note-Saturday is the big day!! Marlon and I
will be speaking at Elmbrook for the Coulple's Retreat.
Keep us in your prayers as we finish up our preparations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are there any other blogs about your tropic? -----------------------------------------------------------------------------cheap-ionamin price