Sunday, November 20, 2005

Such a special day...

What a special day it was today. Seeing Isaiah baptized really affected me emotionally more than I thought it would. It was wonderful to see him take such a step to make an outward expression that he is going to give his life to Jesus and he wanted everyone to know about it. It meant a lot to him that so much of our family was there. Aunt Annie, Billy and Stephanie came-which was so nice of them. Nana, Dee Dee and Neicy came too which was so nice. Then Connie and Rod with Nia, Baba and Papa (my parents), Aunt Darlene and all of the kids stayed back from Sunday school to see him be baptized. Hearing the words that he said-about how he wants everyone to know he loves Jesus and be a better Christian made me proud. I know that being prideful is a sin, but the feeling of joy brought tears to me eyes.
Then we went to Baba and Papa's for tacos-yummy! Then on to the Xmas parade. Even though it was pretty cold, it didn't seem as bad as other years. I think we did a better job of bundling up :) Alicia (my cousin's daughter) was in the parade this year so that was fun to see her on a float.
While hanging out at Grandma's, I coordinated a friend and her mom taking over a Thanksgiving basket to Crystal and her sister's. As most of you know, Crystal is one of my clients/ex-coworker/friends. God has been so good in bringing forth people who are willing to join in together to help Crystal and her sister's have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't ever stop praising His name!

No comments: