Thursday, November 3, 2005

Saying Goodbye...

It has been an interesting week at work...you don't always
realize the impact you're making. So many of my clients
are really upset that I am leaving, but at that the same
time really happy for me that I am getting to move on to
something that is important to me. There are a number of
them that I will keep in touch with, especially the New
Mexico group. (8 of us went to a conference in New Mexico)
I really tried to assure them that there are other people
out there like me...who will encourage them, care about
their lives and futures...they just need to open up once
in awhile.
I am honored and proud that they would have the mature
responses that they have had.
If anyone would like to see an article about a couple of
our clients and what their lives are like after foster
care there is supposed to be an article in this Sundays
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I say supposed to because
initially they told us it would be in last week-so you
never know. We've been told that it will be on the front
page!
The exciting thing for me I guess is that I can still help
these youth. I can volunteer, donate needed items, send
emails or encouraging letters...it doesn't have to end with
my "9 to 5". I encourage each of you to challenge yourself
to leave your comfort zone and really get in somewhere to
make a difference. Not just giving your money. That, of
course, is needed and valued, but find something or even
someone that touches your heart and make a personal impact.
Work at a shelter or food pantry, join project angel tree and
deliver gifts to the children of Wisconsin inmates, visit
with the elderly in nursing homes that nobody else comes
to see. The country is full of people in need of love,
compassion and help. It is not just taken care of by
social service agencies. Funding and staff are certainly
lacking and there is always more to be done.
Okay, off my soap box now...lol. Have a blessed day!!

your heart

No comments: