Monday, December 10, 2007

Exhausted...

I am exhausted. Had a very good weekend...but today I am just feeling like I am draggin, draggin, draggin...

Friday I got started on my Christmas cookie mix in a jar gifts. I am making these this year for a BUNCH of people and some from Children's Ministry at church as well. My sister and her family came and they all went sledding for a bit. Jordyn went sledding with friends and then had hung out at her friends house. Actually Connie, Nia and Keyonna only went sledding for a little bit and then they came back to our house. Connie helped me out a lot with making the recipe cards for the jars. When the "men" came back we ordered Toppers pizza. I think they went home about 10 or 10:30. It was such a fun night.

Saturday was such a long busy day. But a good day. Marlon had to be up and at South by 6am to help set up for the basketball tournament. Jordyn got to sleep in a bit because she was hanging out with her friend Maggie--having lunch and studying for a test together. I had the boys to South by 7:30 for Elijah's 8am game. After the game, I ran a couple of errands and then was back to the school at 10:15 for my volunteer time. My time slot was 10:15 to 1:15. It actually went fairly quickly and one of the ladies I was paired up with went to high school with me! Elijah's game started at 1 so I went over the that side of the gym and caught most of the game. Izzy and I left at 2 and headed over to James Place. What an amazing afternoon it was. It started out slow, but by 4:30ish we were in full swing. A few of the teen MOPS girls came, a lot of the same people who were at our event in October, then just new random people as well. The food was so delicious! Chicken noodle and potato soup, ham sandwiches, apples, hot cocoa bar...a ton of great desserts...
We sang carols, a few of us gave short testimonies, the decoration give-aways were a HUGE hit. The woman who won the Christmas tree was so excited because they weren't going to have a tree this year. Just an awesome time filled with tears, laughter, hugs, kids running everywhere....
Then Izzy and I left to get to Isaiah's basketball game at 6 (we were a little late) and stayed for his game at 8 as well. Afterwards I stopped by my grandma's for her shot and got home about 9:45. It was a longgggggggggggggggggg day.
Sunday found us all up and out of the house early. Marlon and the boys back up to south for more games and Jordyn and I to church. Afterwards we all met up for lunch at home and then to south for Isaiah's games. Elijah, Izzy and I stopped by my Grandma's in between the games just to visit. In a way--I'm glad that we didn't make it to the championships because we were home by 5:30! Yay! This meant we all had dinner together (which we really haven't often since basketball started) and watched the Amazing Race together. I almost finished the cookie mix jars (yay!) and started working on my talk for Friday. I am sharing the Christmas story at Crossroads Academy (the school where I led worship last month) I am thinking I am going to wear a shepherds costume and let them know what happened on Christmas night)

Anyway---this week is going to be a blur---as actually every day is just about until Christmas. One day. One day at a time. That's all I can do. As Stuart Briscoe has so often told us: Keep on keepin' on and Put first things first!

No comments: