Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tis the Season...

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ, the Saviour is born
Christ, the Saviour is born

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth

Man, I love that song. Any time of year, any time of day...I can hear that song and it helps. So many things are going on right now that I'm not even sure why I'm trying to blog. There's a part of me that just doesn't even feel like doing any kind of recap of the last week and yet there's another that needs to get it all out. My grandma had her colonoscopy on Tuesday and they removed 6 polops. After the bone density test on Mon. the surgeon will review all of the tests and then they'll schedule the surgery. Her spirits go back and forth between exhaustion, frustration, fear and contentment. Today I just found out my aunt is in the hospital as well. They're keeping her overnight. She has crohn's disease and initially went in because she wasn't feeling well...now they're testing to see if she might have a blood clot or had a small stroke??? My uncle just back into town and got in trouble on the very first day back and is in jail...my cousin is going through a tough divorce...emtionally if I let myself go there, there's just heartache for my family.

But I know what I know that I know...that the circumstances we find ourselves in are not concrete. That the only constant in life is Christ and the eternal life that I have in Him. And in the middle of mess some amazing things have happened. Our furnace died last night and we woke up to a 55 degree house today. Our landlord came right out today and fixed it! Isaiah needed a new coat and our finances still continue to be a struggle and my parents offered to buy it! Jordyn, our amazingly brilliant child is ranked SEVENTH in her class. We have an opportunity through teen MOPS to take 10 of our girls shopping at The Christmas Store in Milwaukee so they can buy brand new Christmas gifts for their children at 90% off the price! Saturday is an outreach at James Place and the donations that we've been given for the day are wonderful!

God is good. All the time. I live in faith and hold onto His truth through all storms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN

Beth said...

I am very sorry to hear the sadness in your family. Your faith will help you through this. I will pray for better tomorrows for you. God Bless you.