Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Is Life a Race?




This picture isn't of anyone I know, but I really like it because
it reminds me of how life should not be. Too often we are always
busy, running, hurrying to get things done...move onto the next
task...check something off of our to do list. For what?
Don't get me wrong, I know that there are responsibilities and
things that we need to attend to. But I truly believe that we
don't often enough just sit and be. Think, pray, love, enjoy.
Last night there were a million things that could have been done.
Our house is in quite disarray from wrapping and decorating, there
is always tons of laundry to work on, several phone calls I could
have returned, a tub that desperately needs scouring...and I left
it. Instead, we all ate dinner at the table-Marlon and I watched
this gameshow that we love, the boys and I played Monopoly Jr. and
I helped them all take showers.
It was such a relaxed evening and right before Christmas it felt
great. Take those times. Don't put off the love. Put off the
laundry.

No comments: