Saturday, December 31, 2005

A little stage fright???

So today I am going to help lead worship at Elmbrook. And I think
for the first time ever, I am a little nervous! I think mostly because
I am trying to harmonize to songs I am not fully comfortable with.
I am afraid that I will be so busy trying to find the harmony that I
won't be able to truly worship. I guess if it gets too difficult, I
will just fall into the melody. Being on the stage isn't really scary,
I have done that before...it's more if I will be comfortable enough
with the harmony to let go of the "notes" and just give up my voice to
Him. If you've never truly experienced the Holy Spirit while you worship
in song...I challenge each of you to let yourself go the next time you
are singing in church. Close your eyes, lift your hand to the heavens
and sing with abandon. Allow yourself to feel the sweet feeling of calm
that will fill your heart. It happens. I have faith it will.
So for those of you going out tonight---partying, drinking and whatever else,
please be careful. Drive safe, if you can't-stay where you are at and sleep.
Think of the year past...all of the good and all of the bad and how it can
shape you and prepare you for the next steps in your life. Think of the year
ahead...all of the promise and opportunities that are waiting for you.
God is faithful and He is going to be there for you--don't wait to turn to Him
and make Him the guide of your life!
God Bless!

No comments: