Saturday, December 3, 2005

More than gifts....

It's a great Saturday morning...there is a light snow
falling. The boys are downstairs playing (and I hear
no arguing!!) Marlon is at the table writing a sermon
and I am back and forth between cleaning/laundry and
the computer. Gonna get all of the Christmas decora-
tions out today and put the fall stuff up. I used to
be all neurotic about getting everything up in one day.
Not anymore.
If it takes a week, that's fine. I just get all of the
boxes and crates out and then work on it. We're getting
a real tree again this year, so that will come probably
this week. Tomorrow Marlon will be gone ALL day...he
has two prisons to go to.
I have been planning this Christmas for my old client/
friend Crystal. Many of you who read this have probably
helped out so you know all about it. I have to tell
you--God is amazing!! So many people have stepped forth
to help out...extend themselves for someone else. What
they are going to give the Green family is so much more
than stuff. Do you know what it's like to imagine
that people you don't even know, care about you? Are
concerned that you have a special Christmas? That you
have toys for your child? It makes my heart swell that
He can take something that started out as an idea to help
someone I care deeply about...and turn it into a testimony!
Crystal and I have grown closer since I left Lad Lake.
The talks we've had...the encouragement I can give her...
the sharing His love. I am filled with joy just
thinking about it. My deepest heartfelt gratitude to each
of you for being so thoughtful and generous. Their lives
will never, never be the same and many of you have been a
part of that incredible blessing!!
Back to laundry!!

No comments: