Sunday, December 4, 2005

Just some thoughts before bed....

So as I read back over Saturday's post, it hit me that I had
not shared the crazy news that happened on Friday. I was hit
by a car. Well, actually our car was hit by a car. This man
didn't stop at his stop sign and turned left right into me.
Totally smashed the front right corner of the car and took out
the light! Ahh...yes, I do not have a lot of luck driving!
Unfortunately, he did not have insurance...thankfully we do
and my parents were able to let us use one of their cars for
a few days. So good that nobody was hurt...he didn't leave
the scene...we were able to get the car right in to the shop.
God can just always make good of any situation. I think the
man was suprised by my calm demeanor and ability to have
compassion for his situation (no insurance, expired license)
but I guess all of my car wreck experience came in handy!!
Anyway...today Marlon's been gone since 9:30am and when he
comes home he will have driven over 500 miles today!!! When
he goes to Stanley it is always a long day, but tonight he
added New Lisbon which has two services...so it added quite
a lot of more time to the day. The rest of us went to my
parents for lunch after church, then came home and decorated.
All that's left is the tree and outside lights. I inherited
a lot of my Grandma Nickel's decorations after she passed in
2001...it always brings a smile to my face to see them out.
I can picture her apartment, before that their house in
Montello...full of these decorations; and I can hear her laugh,
see her smile, feel her love. Isn't it amazing how wonderful
our minds are?? That we can remember and be right back in
that place of comfort?? That we can still have those moments-
have them?? Maybe not in flesh...but most certainly in spirit!

No comments: