Thursday, May 17, 2007

Another week?

Where in the world does time go! Well, it's a total rhetorical question because such is my life right now and I already know the answer.

Here's my Thursday Thirteen of...

My Favorite Things "E"

1. Easter
2. the Eagle (that roller coaster ride at Six Flags--love it)
3. eggs
4. encouraging people
5. eclairs
6. Eminem (hard core I know...but I do like him)
7. Earrings
8. Elf--the movie....HILARIOUS!
9. E-mail
10. English accents
11. etch a sketch
12. emotions
13 Extreme Home Make-Over


Things have been odd with Marlon gone. We've been okay schedule wise, I was thankful for the rain on Tuesday--that made my evening a little easier as it meant sports were cancelled.

Sat. was my niece's birthday party and Sunday for Mother's Day the kids made me breakfast in bed, got me flowers (thanks mom and dad for making that happen) and had some cards and things from school. Breakfast was so cute because on Sat evening we were supposed to go grocery shopping because we were out of milk, waffles, lunchmeat, etc. but I was sooo tired, so I asked the boys if they cared if we waited until the next day. So on Sunday as they snuck downstairs to make me something they realized that they didn't really have anything to make...lol! So I got two pieces of toast, a mandarin orange fruit cup, three mini chocolate eclairs and a huge glass of orange juice! It was so sweet and they brought it up to me while I was still in bed with a TV tray and napkin...then climbed in bed with me and we watched some TV until it was time to get up.

We've been able to talk to Marlon everyday, which has been nice. Much different then out of the country where we don't know what's going on with him one day to the next. So much devastation. It was put like this by one of the volunteers, think of yourself when you go to empty out or "purge" a room. You get to decide what stays and goes, you get to determine what is old, outdated, not needed. But imagine instead that you came home from work and that whole area was gutted, with no means of getting it back. That's the loss they are feelng. That's the sense of lack of control over their lives right now. Amazing. I'm proud that he chose to be obedient and go.

Fun news is that I am going to also work for Women 2Day for 3 hours a week as the ministry assistant assigned to Teen MOPS. Since this is somewhere that I already volunteer and have much experience, my name was brought up. I graciously accepted. Not only is it something that I have such a love for...it is an opening into an area of ministry that I have a strong desire to move toward. I am excited to see how God is going to use me and happy to be a part of the Women 2Day team.

Tonight is a crazy night. Izzy has baseball practise from 5-6:30. Isaiah has soccer from 5:30-7(thank goodness for carpooling) I have worship practise from 7-8:30. Jordyn will have to hold down the fort with Elijah during that interim. I should collapse in bed by 9:30. Gotta get everyone else tucked in first! Marlon should be home tomorrow night by 10pm. That will be nice.

I am excited that tomorrow I get to have lunch with Beth and Amy. It will be a nice break in the day and I am sure we will talk non-stop...lol. Isn't that what girls do best??

Back to work. Meeting at 2:30 and outta here at 3 to get the kids.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so excited about you taking on the ministry assistant position too! I am sad that this year is almost over but excited to start planning for next year :)

Counting down the hours until our lunch tomorrow...I so need a break.

Beth said...

I too am excited for you and your new position. How fun! Thanks for a great time at lunch. The three of us have a good thing going. Four if you include the cutest little baby!

Hopefully we'll have good weather this weekend for our last two ggames. Hard to believe it is that time already.

Have a good weekend with your honey love!