Thursday, May 3, 2007

Coming up for air...

Swamped. That's the only way to describe my life right now. Work-swamped. Ministry-swamped. Family Life-swamped. I had to take a break from working just to come and blog a bit because I miss it when I don't. I have been tagged to empty out the contents of my purse and share them--which I want to do because it looks like fun (it certainly is fun to see all of the blogs that have participated in this) but it is going to have to wait until this weekend. For now, here are my Thursday Thirteen and a recap of the last few days.


My Favorite Things That Begin With C

1. Christmas
2. Connie (my sister)
3. Candles
4. Chicken
5. Carpooling (oh my goodness-how would a family with 4 kids survive?)
6. Caramel Frappuccino
7. Cuddling (poor Marlon-how does he breathe sometimes...lol)
8. Cards (greeting/birthday/etc...not playing cards)
9. Chorizo
10. crafts
11. Church
12. carnivals
13. Chloe (I know she drives me crazy, but I do love my dog)

This week has been full. Work is really picking up as camp gets closer. When we have our evaluation after camp has concluded I am really going to have to make sure they know that I can't be the registrar next year. There is just no possible way to handle the normal daily tasks that I have plus this 25-30 hour week job of getting camp going. The response has been wonderful! For any of you with kids between 2-6 grade you need to check it out. www.campvertical.org
My boys are going 4 of the 5 weeks. It should be a blast. Tuesday evening was church-but my bible study wasn't meeting so that meant I could get a little bit of shopping and cleaning done. Wednesday was Teen MOPS and our steering meeting so that took all night. This morning, one of the Teen MOPS girls called me and due to a crisis situation asked me to take her to drop her daughter off at the daughter's paternal Grandma's house. Just because I wasn't sure what I was walking into, I dragged my friend Amy along. Thanks again Amy for coming too. We were able to have some great conversations with Shyanne on the long car ride to and from Kenosha and Racine so that was a BIG plus. Then I had to get the kids from school, make dinner, help with homework and be back up to church by 6pm for worship service. Now I am working because I didn't work today. I plan to be done by midnight. I've been at it since 8-so I should get a lot done in that time. Hopefully this headache that I can feel coming on will stay away a little longer. I am excited because tomorrow evening our friends Dave and Sue are taking us to dinner---some really good steak place in Milw. I don't remember the name. That will be a fun break for me.

Anyway. Hope all is well with everyone. Much love.

No comments: