Monday, April 30, 2007

Quick Update

My goodness...what a whirlwind the last few days has been. I'm very tired, so I thought I would just highlight my days since Thursday...

~Friday I worked late and then got the house in order to leave for the weekend, packed us all up and finally hit the hay at about 1am.

~Sat. we headed down to Rockford for the tournament. The boys played amazingly well. We knew this tournament was going to be tough and some awesome competition. I think it helped to show our strengths and our weak areas. We checked into the hotel and had a fun few hours in between games.

~Sat. evening the boys had a blast. I got some great photos of them in the pool and will get them downloaded and post in the next day or so. Seeing them all bond was as much fun as watching the games. It was also nice to spend some time with the parents.

~Sun. Marlon and I led a small church service. It was very well recieved and I was so glad we decided to do it. We prayed beforehand and just asked God to use us in any way he saw fit===whether for one or one hundred. Afterwards a woman came up to me and thanked us and said she always hates missing church on tournament weekends and hopes that others at other tournaments catch on to this idea and offer some kind of service for those interested.

~The game was so intense. Half of us couldn't even watch at the end. The boys played their hearts out and kept up with the other team until the very end when they lost 6-4 in the last couple of minutes of the game. The other coach gave our team a great compliment-saying that we were some of the best competition his team has approached in a while.

~Since we were home early I was able to spend some time at my cousin's baby shower and then head over to Niecy's house for her birthday dinner. Our friends, Eda and Albo, came over as well and just had a great time.

~I've been doing pretty well on the lemonade cleanse. I broke down Sat. and had a few Pringles and I decided to eat yesterday. I didn't get sick which was promising, however, I was careful yesterday what I ate. Today I got back on track and plan to stick with this until at least Thursday. I weighed myself yesterday and I've lost 6 pounds. The best part is I feel so much better. I really think that I need to just stay away from caffeine and soda all together.

Well--of course there's more, but this is the easiest way to sum it all up. I'm really going to bed now and going to try and sleep.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Beth said...

It was a busy weekend wasn't it? Our family had a great time as well. Again, thanks for sunday's mini service. I really appreciated it.
The sun is out today and it is beautiful. I am debating on washing the dog, but it takes me around 2 hrs. She is a huge, hairy thing.
Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope to see you on Sunday for the game.

Amy said...

You sound as busy as me lately :)

We need to schedule some "girl" time soon.

You gotta tell me more about this lemonade cleanse thing too.

Bummer that you can't make it Thursday too :(

Michelle said...

I love that you guys held a little Church Service! I wish I could be more creative and thoughtful like that (not that we attend out of town sporting things yet, PTL). Awesome! :)