Sunday, April 1, 2007

Relaxing Sunday night...

So it's been a busy few days...

Thursday ended well and then I had worship rehearsal at church. Friday Marlon and I stuck to our word and did the office. It felt so good to get all of that junk out, put the new bookcase in and organize everything. We also got the dining room back in order and I got my dining room table back!! (It had been hiding under all of the books and things there wasn't room for in the office) Then I showered and headed to my mom's for the purse party. It was a fun time and I love the cute pink purse that I picked out. I had to get my Grandma from work at 11:30 and then headed to bed.

Sat. we had an Easter Treasure Hunt at church. It was our first one and it went over very well. The families seemed to enjoy this opportunity and we plan to make it an annual event. Complete with fun activities (coloring contest, basket weaving, shrinky dinks, etc), an easter egg hunt, treats, and the story of Easter...it was a fun morning. Izzy's friend Jalen had stayed overnight so he came along. After dropping him off we went home and I got a little nap in before having to head back to church at 3:30 for worship. After church we all watched Happy Feet...what a good movie! Jordyn spent the day shopping with friends and then went to a birthday party so I had to pick her up from that at 11pm. (can you say tired...I think I dozed on the couch 2 or 3 times before going to get her) Then it was right to bed because I had to get up this morning and be at church.

Today is Marlon's long day away. He's up north at two prisons and 4 services...so he doesn't get home until about 11. Poor baby. I didn't sing 1st service so that the kids didn't need to be at church for all 3 services...so the rest of us all got to church at about 9:15. After singing both services we came home, went to my parents for a little bit and then came back home again. Already took a short nap, vaccuumed, dusted, had dinner, got in my jammies and folded a load of laundry and it's only 6:30. Now there is nothing but laundry and The Amazing Race left for the night...so that is how I got to the Relaxing Sunday Night...lol. As most of you know by now from other posts...I enjoy doing laundry so that won't be a problem. I may put the boys to bed early just to have a quiet house to enjoy. :)

Enjoy your night.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Enjoy the peace and have a great week!

Beth said...

I/we had a nice time at your party friday. Peter loves to gab with the girls. I guess I won't see you for a while since I won't be at the game on saturdy the 14th. Zach has a tournament in Rockford. Maybe we could get together over break, For lunch or ? Maybe Amy would like to join us.
We could watch Pursuit of Happiness? Have a good week.

Amy said...

Hello dear...I am glad that you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday night... you need it :)

I am so excited for Wednesday...you singing...Rhea Briscoe speaking...I think it will be a very moving night.

Yes Beth I am up for lunch over break...I also am in the midst of organizing all my scrapbooking stuff, I am so far behind. I want to start getting some scrapbooking get togethers started soon...anyone intersted???

Hope you have a marvelous monday!