Monday, April 23, 2007

The last few days...

Okay--so this is how I feel today. Full of possibilities. Revived (and that is truly from God because after the crazy weekend I had there is no reason to feel revived...lol) Like I can do anything, with His help, that I set my mind to...so I had to post this picture.

Now the weekend...

Friday was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Went well, except that the accompanist didn't come so we couldn't run through the song at all. I had practised for weeks with an MP3 copy of him playing the song so I wasn't really worried, but I know that Jess (my new cousin in law) was a little nervous. Cory did well and it was cool because the church still had it's bright neon orange carpeting from the 70s. Now Cory is 100% blind, but against bright--he can make out shadows and shapes...SO since the carpet was so crazy orange...he could make out where the pews were and was able to walk all by himself from across the church to get his bride. Amazing. Little gifts. Always little gifts.

We got home Friday about 8:30. Marlon and Isaiah went right to sleep because they had to get up to head to Madison by 6:45. I stayed up a little to get some stuff done since I knew the rest of the weekend would be hectic. Sat. a.m. they left bright and early for the soccer tournament. I ran some errands, ironed, got everyone's clothes ready and put myself together so we could head out by 11:30. Marlon was able to stay for the first game (which we won--woohoo!) and then jetted back so he could get to the church by 12:45ish. Isaiah stayed with the team for the 2nd game. I must tell you---the ceremony was lovely. Now for me...being raised in a warped Catholic church (and I know they all aren't--the one I went to was---so please don't send hate comments) I don't particularly have a good taste in my mouth for Catholic priests and I am always skeptical---although I know that is not from God and work through it---I have to be honest that I normally initially react that way. But there was something good there...and the priest gave a lovely homily. All of the ritualistic traditions and the autopilot responses and prayers reminded me what we need to be weary of in our beliefs...but overall it was great. And to see Cory....I must share that there was a time of worry at the thought of his being alone, finding someone that would really love him for him, that would understand his limitations and not see him as a burden. Jess is that woman. Is she perfect---who of us is? She makes him happy and she cares about his well-being. Although he's been an adult for a longgggggg time now (he's 29) until he and Jess got serious...I have to be honest I kind of forgot he was a grown up. I mean that it's hard to admit, but I think partly because of his limitations I still thought of him as my "little" cousin. To see him stand before us all with his wife on his arm...there's no denying he is a full fledged adult and has a wonderful future before him as a husband and hopefully someday, a father. I am so happy for them and was honored to be a part of the day.

After the ceremony, Marlon ran to get Isaiah from Beth (thanks again Beth for giving him a ride and keeping an eye on him!!) and I took the other car home. Izzy went with Marlon and Jordyn/Elijah stayed with my parents. I had a few moments to myself which was nice. I did a couple of things around the house and went to my Grandma's to visit for a bit. Then after Isaiah got home, freshened up and changed, we headed to the reception. What a wonderful dinner! A very yummy buffet of fried chicken, beef, ham, a ton of sides and salads...the kids were in heaven...lol. We were able to stay for the bridal march and first dance but then we headed home because Sun. brought an early morning again with soccer. Jordyn got to stay with my parents, as she couldn't miss teaching Sunday school and they took her in the am.

By 5:45 we were on the road to Madison. I tell you, getting there at 7--we really got a good parking spot...lol. The boys did great and made it to the championship which meant we hung out all day (the 'ship was at 1:30) I really enjoy spending time with our team. I think it's neat that people with different lives, different beliefs and different ways of parenting can all come together for a common bond and learn from each other and enjoy being together. This is our first experience with select soccer and after the start we had last fall---well really it was others making problems, but it definately affected our team---but it had me a little worried about what we had gotten ourselves into. What I've found with our group is that there is respect for each other...even if we have different ideas about how to do things. The boys did amazing and took first place. We stopped for dinner on the way home as a treat. Was I exhausted!! Even with my lovely nap on the way home---I was quite tuckered out.

I had no intention of doing anything but lounging on the couch all evening, but my aunt was at my Grandmas house and she had just gotten back from a mission trip to Mississippi...so I went over to chat with her for awhile about it. Sounds like she had a really touching time and wants to go back. It makes me so excited for our trip...what we'll see there, how the kids will react, what God has in store for us...

Anyway---now that I'm somewhat caught up---I am going to go. Peace-out-people!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I got tired just reading about your crazy busy weekend...lol.

I was so excited to hear that both teams won the championship...Woo Hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes it sure was a beautiful ceremony. And you contributed to the beauty with your beautiful singing.When you sing your love of the Lord just ozzes out. It shows in your movements, facial expression and thru your beautiful voice. What a blessing you have been given. Like the photogopher said you stopped him in his tracks when you started to sing.
Remember we're here to help when we can.
Love you!!!!!

Mindy said...

thanks momma :)