Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lunch with the Girls

What fun lunch dates Amy and Beth are! We went to Blue Sombrero's today and had a blast. Thanks girls for such great conversation and laughs! I think all of us would attest that we don't take enough time to just hang out with the girls (especially other than soccer stuff or home parties...lol) I had to thank God for bringing such great women into my life. I laughed because I remember a time when Marlon used to have to try and FORCE me to have friends...and now I have great women I know I could call upon for help, to vent, to cry, to share a story, to lend an ear, to listen...

On my way back to work I thought about Jesus and how he made it a point to befriend, love, hang out with people that "society" didn't think he should or could. I like that. How wonderful to never worry about whether or not someone look or acted right before you sat down to be their friend. While I may try to do this....and be somewhat successful....I must also acknowledge that there are many times where I do hesitate. Where I think...hmmm...what's this person's story...they look shady...and I have to consciously put those thoughts away and extend my hand to them.

I have a ton more thoughts about this. And I've had all of these feelings today because I am missing the city....missing ethnic diversity...but there isn't time right now to properly address them, so I'll have to come back and blog later. I also have to do the Thirteen. Can't forget that!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Thank you mindy. I too had a great time. We should make a point to do it more often. I feel comfortable with you and Amy both knowing that we can share our feelings and know that they are safe amongst us. I also really appreciate the new spirtuality I am finding and thank you both for teaching me and leading me into new directions.

Amy said...

When I got in the car I couldn't believe the time...our lunch was almost 3 hours! I loved every minute of it and it went way too fast. It was nice to be just us girls...I needed some "girl time" to talk about stuff... hanks for listening.

We will have to plan another one soon.

Love you both :)