Monday, April 16, 2007

A lot going on...

So starts our busy days (does it seem there are many more busy days than not?)

Soccer is back in full swing and the next two weekends are tournament weekends. Isaiah is still loving it and really coming into his own. He continues to grow and develop and that's exciting to watch. As I said the outdoor game was last weekend and they won...but was even better was the way they've grown just since last fall.

This weekend is also my cousin Cory's wedding. He is so amazing. Cory went blind when he was 13 or 14. I remember that he went blind in one eye and then a little later lost vision in the other. His retinas detached. That kid has never let anything hold him back. He completed school, went on to college, works a good job coordinating volunteers with the blind and now is going to marry a really great woman-Jess. It's been so sweet to see them together. I pray that each day they find out more about each other and grow as one. They've asked Marlon to do a reading at the wedding and I am going to sing so Friday is the rehearsal dinner.

Jordyn got her temps and started driving last week. She's been out with Marlon, her Aunt Kathy and her dad. So far so good. I am a little afraid to take her out. She is a little afraid I think as well...lol. I'm actually not afraid that I'll yell at her...I'm more afraid that I'll wig out and scare the pants off of her!! She has her first behind the wheel session next week. I didn't think she'd be so nervous---but she really has been. After coming home today with Marlon though, she seemed a little bit calmer. She's even ventured out of the parking lot now!!

Marlon is going to speak at the 20-Something ministry on Wed. It's an exciting opportunity to share his thoughts on division in the church and also share some of his testimony regarding prison ministry. I enjoy listening to him speak...but that's a teen MOPS night and the leaders are going to be sharing our stories with the girls as well. Jordyn also has youth group on Wed.

As I was sitting down tonight to write out support letter for our Biloxi trip...I was struck by how much of an impact this trip is going to have on our family. It's funny because I knew--logically, intellectually--that it would. But today I really felt it in my heart. I remember when Jordyn came back from her mission trip to Mexico the summer after 6th grade. Her outlook on life changed. The devastation that we will see, the impact of hope we can help bring, the encouragement and love we will be able to lavish on the people there...I am so thankful that we've been given this opportunity. As I wrote I could see it in my head. I've seen pictures and video so I have some idea...but I could see the warm sun...the boys playing games with the kids there, Jordyn teaching crafts to the littler kids, Marlon and I connecting with the teens and young adults and Collin learning from the whole situation. What a blessing and honor to have been asked to be a part of this team. The time is going to fly by and the end of June will be here before we know it!

Anyway...much love to each of you reading this...remember to comment when something strikes your fancy or if you just want to say hi (hint, hint: Mom, Sarah, Jeri...lol) Now I'm off to wake my hubby up from the couch and go to bed! Nite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alright, alright, here's me posting a comment!! i admit it, i love reading your blog on a daily basis, but have yet to post a comment. i usually just share my comments in person, as we laugh over all your funny kid stories! keep it up...your stories make my day! love, sarah

Mindy said...

Yay Sarah!! You did it--see that wasn't so bad...lol