Monday, May 28, 2007

Glorious Weekend...

What a great weekend it's been. Sat. morning I had my haircut and then Isaiah's party. Too bad it rained, but I tell you with 13 boys they sure didn't care. The pool was heated to 85 degrees so they were able to get in about an hour of swimming, then came in for some fun in the basement and snacks. After gifts and cake, Marlon and Rod (my brother in law) had them outside racing and then an intense game of basketball...lol. I think almost every competitive kid Isaiah knows was there! (except for the few soccer buds with other committments) Thanks again mom and dad for the use of your house and pool. What a blessing because we'd never have had room for that at our house! Once all of the kids were picked up Isaiah left with his friend Patrick to go camping with his family. Since Jordyn normally spends Memorial weekend with her dad--we were just a small family of 4....so THAT'S what it's like! We went for dinner with my parents and then I collapsed on the couch at 8pm. After getting up for just a brief moment to give my grandma her shot I was back asleep by 9pm and slept until MORNING. That never happens for me and I felt so rested.
Church yesterday was really good. I appreciated the memorial prayer and video they showed. My dad is a Vietnam Vet and these times are often hard...emotional for him. Opportunities to remember and pay respect to his fallen Marines are important. Our Pastor talked about good vs. evil and making those important decisions...that there isn't good people and evil people. In summer our church doesn't have Sunday School for school age kids. Families are encouraged to worship together. (in June and July there is an option during just one service for families that really need it) So-that means kids in the service during summer. So yesterday Pastor Mel called all of the kids who wanted to up to the platform. He asked for movie buffs and said he wanted to talk about a movie that was 30 years old. Then he brought out a light sabor and asked them if they knew what it was. Of course they did and they could name of dozens of the characters from the different movies. He asked specifically about the hero and the villian. Then he asked one boy to be Luke Skywalker (and made the connection of the gospel Luke which he was preaching from...lol) and he handed him a sabor. Then he went to the pulpit and put on a cape and pulled out a Darth Vader mask...lol. It was classic, the kids were all laughing. He put it on and did the whole heavy breathing thing...lol...then he pulled out his own sabor and a very, deep, large recorded voice spoke...hysterical. Then he took it all off and gave the kid a squeeze and sent them all back. He made the very important analogy for the kids to remember that Darth Vader wasn't always bad. He wasn't just a villian. He had been a good, righteous person at one time...he had been a hero. It was choices. Very cool.
Then yesterday we swam all afternoon and got some sun. I am gonna get sooo dark this summer, I can tell. Marlon and I went to prison last night and wow---it was a powerful night. I always enjoy going and connecting with the ladies...but some nights...you can just feel the presence of Jesus...feel the spirit moving. Had some amazing talks and prayed for Erica who is leaving on Tues. She is a Christian and is worried about her ability to stay strong when she gets out. We prayed and she said she might write the ministry for a prayer warrior. I pray she does.
Today Marlon is golfing with some friends of ours. The parade is at 10:30 I think. I love that it passes right by our house! Very nice. Then we have a cook out with some of our buddies from church and then also at my Grandma's house. If that sun stay out I am gonna have to swim again---so we'll see how the day plays out.
Remember our brother and sisters in the military today...specifically those that have died for our continued freedom. Whatever your personal opinions about war---know that we have our liberties and freedom because someone else believes in your choice and right to have the opinion. You should be thankful for that. And for those of you who are against our continued presence in Iraq. As long as we have troops there---Al'Qaeda isn't here. May we never experience another 9-11. I am proud to be the wife and daughter of Marine vets and proud to be part of this country. It's a privelege we should not waste.

No comments: