Sunday, May 6, 2007

Just ramblings today...and a Sunday Seven

So I'll start with my Sunday Seven. Beth started this one off today---my seven favorite things about spring.

1. The colors. I love flowers starting to bloom, how green the grass is..the sky...beautiful.

2. Breeze. I love to feel a nice cool breeze--especially at night when I'm falling asleep.

3. Walking around the river. I love to walk around the river by my house and once spring comes I can enjoy that.

4. Easter. I love this holiday and it is always a highlight of spring.

5. Fresh starts. I don't know what it is, but spring always brings hope and beginnings...makes me feel like I'm on top of the world and whatever problems and worries there are can be handled.

6. Sitting on my front porch. I do this occasionally in the winter (since I'm not too bothered by cold), but doing it on a spring evening...feeling that #2 breeze and watching those #1 colors...

7. Getting out of winter clothes. I really don't care for winter clothes, HATE having to wear a coat and LOVE summer shoes, bags, clothes...



So I planned to do the purse thingy that Amy did on her blog that other day...but of course I can't find the digital camera! I know Marlon used it at his teaching job on Wed. and I haven't seen it since...who knows where it could be!
He's on his way home from New Lisbon so I'll just have to wait.

Friday nite we had a very fun dinner with our friends Dave and Sue. They treated us to steaks at Mr. B's. We'd never been, but my oh my....was it wonderful. Such a treat for us. We always have a blast when we hang out together and so often they just take really good care of us.

Sat. morning Marlon and Troy went to Elmbrook's men's breakfast and I did a little around the house. Jordyn was in the breast cancer walk with her aunt and went for lunch afterwards, I ran a few errands and Marlon and the boys went to watch the U-13 game. Then I sang at church and came home. Collin was over and we all headed out to Troy and Amy's for an ENORMOUS bonfire...lol. Total pyromaniacs...what fun. We made s'mores, roasted hot dogs, burnt some eyebrows. It was a fun, relaxing evening. Jordyn got to have some girl time with Gabby and really enjoyed herself.

Today I was up bright and early for service. Worship was amazing. I felt so spirit filled and I just love to sing! It's so meaningful when people come and tell me that my smile and energy helps them worship. I love hearing that because it is all for God and all for worship. Leading worship not so that they sit and listen to us...but so they feel free to worship and allow themselves to be brought into the presence of God. Marlon brought Jordyn to church at 9:30 so she could teach Sunday school. He and the boys went to a small church held in the Schueltze building by a friend of ours...then headed out to Isaiah's soccer game. I dropped Jordyn off at home and went over to Sue's for a baby shower. Then I came home to watch Jackie's two sons---Kavon and Kamron. She is one of the teen MOPS girls that I have grown extremely close to. The boys are 2 and 10 months. Boy was I having flashbacks...lol. We went for a walk around the river, played at the park, visited at my Grandma's, watched a movie...I am POOPED! I give credit to all of my friends/family who are my age and have little ones. I could not do it. I don't know how I did it when I did...lol. Then again, those years are a blur and I only had half of my sanity!

My heart is a little heavy today...I have some family that have major health concerns and I am just praying, praying and hoping that their experiences might lead them to a deep love for Christ. If you would---please remember Darlene, Lynette and Davy in your prayers tonight. They each have chronic health issues that continue to grow worse...I pray for peace and the ability to sleep soundly tonight. Also, our friend Collin is having some hard adjustments happening at home...not necessarily good or bad stuff---just a total overhaul and I know there is stress and conflict there. I pray that he continues to make the positive strides he has, that he continues to seek God, that he continues to be able to come to our house and spend time with us and that there is a peace in his home that surpasses all understanding.

Life is so short. We take so much for granted. Our next breath is not promised us and we waste so much time wanting what we can't have, worrying about what we do have and arguing about things that don't matter. In her blog, my friend Beth said it so well---we are very fortunate people. We are.

Nite all!

No comments: