Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day of contentment...answers to prayer!

Today was a crazy, busy, full day...and it was also one of the most content days that I have had in a longggg time. I had a full day of meetings, ministry, tasks, Teen MOPS, our steering meeting...and yet there was just a peace about me. I'm always thankful for those days because it is more often that I feel pulled in a bunch of different ways...feel like there's just one more thing I should be doing...

We had an amazing time of prayer during our steering meeting. There's so much hurt and hard things that our girls deal with...it's so easy to get caught up in nonsense and forget what is really important. It's such a convicting reminder that God has a purpose for each of us and intersects our lives with different people for different reasons. I pray for each of them tonight--that God touches their hearts and reaches into their lives, that they are reminded that we are here for them. Remind us that we need to grab each opportunity to grow closer to them, be a part of their lives, pray for them.

Many praises and thanks for my Aunt Lannette. For any of you who prayed...thanks. Surgery went amazingly well! They removed some of her small and large intestine and did NOT have to give her a colostomy bag!! She was already up and walking today. We continue to pray that her Crohn's will be under control and a very small problem from this point forward.

Praises as well for my Grandma's continued healing. She does not need the walker anymore, is showering by herself...looking back to her old self. Every night when I go there I am so happy to see her growing stronger!

I also have to give praise as well for my friend Troy. His dismissal by DSC for the U-14 team has been overturned! This is such great news because they really, really did not want him fired. That team has been together for many years and to lose their coach at this point in time was just ridiculous. I am so excited that they get to keep their coach and also that he gets to continue coaching them. He's asked that the U-12 don't request an overturn (which wasn't going to happen anyway) and he isn't going to request it either. I think at this point it would do nothing but damage things worse (if that's possible) and cause the boys undo stress as they might feel stuck in between a coach and parents that aren't united. It's great that they felt strongly enough about it to do something about it and then that their efforts were honored by having him returned as the coach.

Finally, I have to give thanks to God for my husband. As I see him snoring right now on the couch...I have to smile. He is thoughtful (he drove to Waupun today just to let a chaplain borrow our video camera)...he is honorable (he always stands up for what he believes in and doesn't shy away just because it's the unpopular thing)...he is faithful (he continues to go to Brodie's house to snowblow even when the boys can't because of school or when it gets late)...he is encouraging (when I am feeling down about things he reminds me of who I am)...

Yep. Definately a content day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So happy to hear about your Aunt and that Grandma is doing so good.

Tonight was wonderful. The time with the girls was good. I love sharing time with them so much. Felt so good to be back. God knew exactly who needed to be there as usual. The steering meeting was so nice too...I love our time in prayer so much.

Feels so good to know I am exactly where God wants me to be in my life right now.

I absolutely love our Teen MOPS family!!!

Try not and stay up too late tonight :)