Friday, February 29, 2008

Exciting Game and Get it Done Nite

Oh my goodness---the game last night was soooo intense...lol. They were playing the other South Blackshirts team and man did they want to win. Isaiah even had the opportunity to go to Country Springs with the soccer team (with $ from the goal can) but he said he just couldn't miss this game. The last time they played them our team got STOMPED...so of course they had to try and redeem themselves! There are some great players on the other team, but I had to say we held our own. It was back and forth the whole time and ended with us losing by one basket. The incredible thing was our key three point shooter got one up in the last 2 seconds of the game and it bounced out the basket..lol! Oh my goodness, the whole place went crazy--both sets of parents were laughing so hard because it was like a total movie moment...all of the boys just held their breath watching it fly thru the air and then grabbed their heads when it popped out. No matter the sport, I love games like that. On the way home Isaiah said he can handle a loss like that because they played hard and everyone gave good effort. Normally losing, especially losing when people are being lazy or goofing off, just irks the heck out of him. He did get fouled out again. Whatever aggressiveness that boy lacked in soccer he more than makes up for in basketball--I tell ya! I think this AAU league tho' has a lot to do with that because those boys are rough and the game is much quicker paced, the skill is much higher and a lot more body is allowed. So then bringing it back to the Waukesha league is having to tone wayyyy down. I am so glad that Waukesha league will be done in a week and a half. Baseball for Izzy starts soon and there's only so much running around we can do in a week.

Tonight I have a lot of little projects I need to get done. Tomorrow James Place is having our "Think Spring" day and I have some craft kind of things to get done in prep for it. I have some cards I need to get out. I HAVE to clean our bedroom---it's a little frightening! Sunday Marlon and I speak on Parenting and Marriage and I have to do a little work on that. Just a few things...lol.

Sunday is my first official weekend working. I'm really excited!! We're having a little reception to honor Jackie leaving and to welcome me. I continue to pray that this transition does not affect ministry at all and families don't feel any fall out from the switch.

Anyway---lunch break is over. Back to work!!!

No comments: