Friday, February 8, 2008

Funny Story

Ok--so my friend Sue will probably laugh hysterically that I am posting this...

So we have weekly announcements at church and our communications team take our words and then tweak them to fit into the bulletin/have a better flow/etc. So Sue and I are working on wording for some of our summer camps. We'd had e-mails going back and forth with Dawn in graphics about and it was getting more and more confusing. After several attempts Dawn e-mailed us with the perfect set of words that said what we needed to say very clearly. So I e-mailed Sue and Dawn and said, "Perfect Dawn. Thanks. Go Dawn...it's your birthday! Go Dawn...it's your birthday! We're gonna party like it's your birthday!" About 5 minutes later I get an e-mail from Sue saying, "Hey girl-it's not Dawn's birthday...whose birthday is it?" A few minutes later Sue came by my desk. Here's what followed:

Me "Why do you think it's someone's birthday?"

Sue "Because you wished Dawn a happy birthday....so I e-mailed her and said sorry you have to work on your birthday, Happy Birthday!! Then Dawn asked me why everyone thinks it's her birthday."

Me "I didn't wish her a happy birthday." (pause as I try to figure this out.) "Do you mean because I wrote Go Dawn...it's your birthday? That's a song silly!"

Sue was laughing so hard. I started singing the song just to see if she might know it and she still was like, "um...no clue" but then Brodie came out of his office and started dancing. Sue said, "ok-now I'm really out of it if BRODIE knows that song!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

too funny...now I am going to have that song in my head all day :)