Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How to spend a snow day....

I can't believe it's 2pm already!! It was true excitement in our house this morning when we knew we were ALL snowed in! CEO Leadership closed-so Marlon's here. Waukesha Public Schools closed-so all the kids are here. And even Elmbrook closed for the day--so I'm here too!! Very smartly my pastors encouraged us last night to bring some work home and stay put even if the building was open---so I have some things to work on so that I don't fall behind (Fri. and Sat. is our big Children's Conference with anywhere from 700-900 people coming) After making sure everyone knew they could sleep in, I went back to bed until 9:00!! I got up, had some breakfast, checked some e-mails, and then made the mistake of taking NyQuil. What followed was a nap that just ended at 1:00!! I felt super lazy, but I must admit it also felt great!
Now I've gotten some laundry started and feel like I can be a little productive. No Teen MOPS tonight so that's a little sad. :( It's so much smarter tho' to have the girls stay home with their little ones than try to brave the weather. I just pray that all of their needs are met for one more week and that they call one of us if they need anything.

Gotta get a prayer request out there. Please pray for all of the kids affected by Scott Ziegler. Click here I know more than one young person who spent time at Twitsted, interacted with him and have been affected by this terror. Please join me in praying that each of them gets whatever help they will need to get over this...that they talk and tell someone...that their lives aren't ruined forever by the atrocities they saw and were a part of. There is power in prayer and I know that God can redeem any experience and any life. Thanks.

Alright--back to work!!

No comments: