Saturday, April 26, 2008

Um...so what in the world am I doing up and blogging at 7am on a Saturday? Well, let's just say I've had a full morning already.

Up at 5:30, baked cinnamon rolls, cut oranges, filled water bottles, finished dishes, returned confiscated cell phones...and I am now listening to Izzy downstairs singing and dancing to videos..lol.

Now here's a little background. We ended up with 6 boys from the team. Tyree, Lamont, Lamar, Develle, Kewaun, and Devante. It's funny because I had thought that there were only 4 boys---that's how many Marlon left Center Court with. I made tacos for dinner for everyone (when cooking for a boatload of boys, never bother with sides-all they want are tacos...lol) and I thought it seemed like a lot of boys in the kitchen getting food. When I got back from giving my Grandma her shot...I counted heads and asked, "How the heck did we add two?" I guess Marlon ran into the boys in the parking lot with their parents, they were just getting their bags--we had thought they left. We finally got everyone into a sleeping arrangement by about 10:45. By then we had confiscated the cell phones. It was funny because I think the boys were suprised that I was really taking them. Once I saw how they sat on the phone when we first got home-I knew we were gonna take them. I told them--"No phone calls after 10, no girls especially." Marlon and I laid down about 11. Devante had forgotten to turn his phone off and at 11:15 all of sudden Marlon and I hear a song start playing....awwww, good ole' Jasmine was hittin' up her boo Devante...lol. I swear I wanted to answer it so bad, but I behaved and just let it go to voicemail and then shut it off. I did tease him this morning tho' as I was handing the phones back out and said, "Hey Jasmine is a really nice girl. We got a chance to talk last night when she called." His eyes got as large as saucers...lol.

Now I have a little time before taking Izzy to the Waukesha Airport. There is a youth pilot program that is set up by Pastor Jerome. Marlon took Izzy and Isaiah last weekend. I actually think after their game today he is going to take all of the boys out there. Then I'll have just enough time to come home, take a shower and head into Milwaukee for our Biggest Loser Challenge. We're meeting at Connie's and having some kind of challenge today. She's keeping it a secret so who knows what we'll be doing!

Tomorrow I go to John Burke and I have to tell you I am totally drawing a blank on what to speak about. I just can't seem to settle on one idea. Pray that it comes to me please.

No comments: