Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yep.....still here!!

Hey my friends :) and all who randomly happen upon my blog.... I've been here, just kind of a mind racing time and I always find it difficult to post when there's 4 million thoughts in my head...lol. Today I feel rested and content and so I thought I'd better get a post up!

Singing this weekend in church. I love worship through singing. It just fills me so full of the spirit that I sometimes feel like I might explode! This weekend we are singing two songs that I just really love.

Take My Life

Take my life and let it beConsecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be

Swift and beautiful for Thee;
Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.

Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee;
Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my moments and my days,

Let them flow in endless praise;
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour

At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

I think part of why I love it so much is that it's such a clear reminder that I need Him. That just because I am a Christian doesn't mean that I don't need to actively allow Him to enter my life and take it over. When I am in control I do dumb stuff. Simple as that. I get angry over silly things, I take things personally that I shouldn't, I find myself almost looking for trouble. Believe me, if you look for trouble you will find it! When I consume myself with Him....His will....His plan for me...obedient to His ways....my path/life is on a whole different level.

The other song is

Beautiful Savior

All my days I will sing this song of gladness
Give my praise to the fountain of delights
For in my helplessness, you hear my cry
And waves of mercy poured down on my life

(chorus) Beautiful Savior, wonderful counselor
Clothed in majesty, Lord of history
You're the way, the truth and the life
Star of the morning, glorious in holiness
You're the risen one, heaven's champion
And you reign, you reign over all

I will trust in the cross of my Redeemer
I will sing of the LAMB that never fails
Of sins forgiven, of conscience cleansed
Of death defeated and life without end
(chorus)

I long to be where the praise is never ending
Yearn to DWELL where the glory never fades
Where countless worshippers will sing one song
And cries of mercy pour out on the land
(chorus)

This song. Oh there is such glory in singing to our Lord and feeling His power cover you. That you spontaneously weep as you are singing because you can sense His presence and love, mercy and compassion that He has for you. When I struggle, when I falter, when I make a decision out of flesh rather than spririt....this song always gets my heart right back on track.

The last verse brings me to a conversation I had with one of my co-workers. I shared with her (and then found out that she feels the same) that I do long for Heaven. While I certainly don't dwell in depression as I once did....or wish my life was over....I do eagerly seek Heaven and anticipate how glorious it will be. The thought just makes me smile. The rapture could come tomorrow and I'd be okay. Imagine, the body of Christ will be ultimately united with our God for all of eternity----singing glorious melodies----worshipping Him non-stop...it gives me Godbumps.

So anyway---that's what I got today. No play by play of our activities, no catch up as I sometimes do. Just some inspiring lyrics that make my heart sing.

Have a good nite!!

2 comments:

ShellyH said...

Wow...what beautiful lyrics! I bet you are an awesome singer! I too feel so enlivened when we sing at church...peaceful but yet alive!

jessi said...

one of my favorite songs is "take my life" my favorite version is the chris tomlin version...
cept to hear you sing it of course :)
how sweet that the Lord had you sing it for me on our first weekend back at the brook.

luv u sweet sister and i am sorry you've got the swirling thoughts, i get it. i pray that it stops and that through it all you can keep PEACE close to your heart... it always helps me to remember its a chemistry thing not a matter of the heart!

Jessi