Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Next Step

What an amazing weekend. Transforming. Convicting. Encouraging. Uplifting. I am emotionally, physically and mentally drained...but I am spiritually filled to the brim. Tonight I am tired...but had this on my mind that I had to share before I could put my head to my pillow.

I am recommitting my days and every inch of my life to daily time with God. I can't know what He plans for me if I am not in CLOSE connection with Him. I can't continue to rely on my strength and my plans. It leaves me tired, frustrated, at my wits end and feeling out of control. Only He can provide the peace that transcends all understanding. So I will sit and wait to hear from Him and I will say YES in full obedience!!


I am recommitting my nights to be a time of rest and reflection and refreshment. I will not allow myself to be pulled by earthly distractions like TV, computer games, one last load of laundry. I will only stay awake if I feel God is telling me to because He has something to share with me that must be attended to that night. My bed will be a safe haven of comfort. So I will rest so that I can be ready and fully alive each day to carry out His will.

I am recommitting my feet to go where He says to go. I will not rush into ANYTHING because I find that whenever I do...it does not work. Even serving...even ministry...if it is not where He wants me to be at the time that He wants me there...then I am serving in vain, in my own strength and with my own agenda. This means releasing things I currently hold close and do in a prideful way. I must let go and wait on Him. I must let my feet follow 0NLY where He desires them to go. So I will get my feet set to follow only Him and only when He says.

Finally, I recommit my vision to align with His. I know that He has a great calling on my life and I will not be afraid of it. I will not allow doubt to cloud my obedience. I will not allow others to talk me out of what I know He desires. I will not allow Satan to twist my fears and inhibitions. I will see my life, my walk, my marriage, my children, my ministry, my calling as He sees them. I will allow the Holy Spirit to change my focus and align my vision with His. So I will not be misguided by what I see as my future, but allow Him to reveal my future to me.

Lord,

Thank you, thank you for allowing me the gift of this past weekend. You and only You know the full impact it had on my life. I can't even begin to share fully how I've been changed. Thank you for seeing me as You do..warts and all..and loving me just the same. No. More. Thank you for being the All knowing, All powerful, All giving God of the Universe who meets every one of my needs. I confess that I have not put You first. I confess that I have held on tight to things that I have been afraid to release. I confess that I have not trusted You with all aspects of my life. I desire to serve You. I desire to let women know the truth, the joy, the freedom that comes from having You first and foremost in our lives and heart. I heard You loud and clear this weekend. Stop, release all that is not of me, wait and I will tell You what to do. I am saying YES and not looking back.

Amen.

3 comments:

Starr LaPradd said...

Mindy, my good friend and conference roommate Dana Melton was in Van's group also. Hope you enjoyed it as much as she did. I took the writer's track, so didn't have the pressure of speaking like you gals did. Maybe next year! Talk to ya soon,
Starr LaPradd

Bonita said...

Mindy, I love this post and what God did in your heart. I didn't attend, but was there serving on Thursday and Friday. Maybe we ran into each other. Don't know. Your post really convicts and inspires me and expresses what I'm feeling right now too.

Van said...

WOW Mindy! You have inspired me to write my own manifesto. I know God is preparing you to accomplish magnificent plans in your life. I pray you rest, move in close to Him daily, walk in His ways, see His plan more clearly for your life, and bless the socks off the children in your community. I loved getting to know you. You have a wonderfully great big heart. So glad God brought you to my eval group.