Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What I've been up to and what I'll be up to.....

Well, Camp officially began this past Monday. For those of you who are my friends and family...or those who have just been reading my blog since last summer...you know that while last summer was a ton of fun...it was also incredibly taxing on me and ended up with a little meltdown in late August-early September. Everyone has taken great measure to ensure that this does not occur again. One great thing is that because I am now over the K-1 program, I am working with Camp Zoom (4yr-kids entering 1st gr) This camp is only from 9-12 so I have time in the afternoons to do other work, catch up, leave early to rest....it's been great and I can feel a difference already.
But I am still busy. And evening things like exercising...the boys sports...keeping my sanity have kept me away from blogging the last week. Thought I'd get on quick tonight and share some pictures....


This week I taught the language center. I shared about Mexico and taught the kids some words and a bible verse in Spanish.



Some of the kids learning a new worship song.


One of the small groups review the memory verse for the week.


Water Day is always a big "splash" (ok, ok....too corny?)


I love this picture. She was praying so hard. You could feel her heart just being near her. I love kids this age.

Now as for what I will be doing....Friday early A.M. I leave for North Carolina. I'm attending the Proverbs 31...She Speaks Conference. I am sooooooo excited I can hardly contain myself. Not only is the conference itself going to be amazing and a real stretch for me (I've signed up for the speaker track and will be evaluated by a group of peers and speakers) it's going to be so relaxing and wonderful to be alone in a hotel room....able to sleep in if I want....use the fitness room/hot tub as I want....

Anyway...not sure if I'll get on before Friday am....so if not have a blessed weekend and catch you next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey :),

Lisa B. and I are just trying to get word out for an impromptu Blogger's lunch on Friday. Please...join us if you can!

Blogger's Lunch 11:30 am
Chili's Grill & Bar
1365 Concord Pkwy N
Concord, NC
Exit 58 off I85
Phone: (704) 721-3859

(I didn't see an email, so I'm posting this in comments :) If you can come, please let one of us know! :)).

Robin @
http://pensieve.typepad.com/pensieve/

and Lisa @
http://www.simplyhisblogger.com/

Amy said...

We are moved into the new house and I have internet so when you get home and settled in call me so I know which Wednesday night we will have the meeting.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend away :)

Love you!