Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Women 2Day Appreciation Night

The evening on Monday was so lovely. I believe that Roberta plans most of it (or at least handles truly pulling it off) so I give my hat off to her for always paying attention to each detail. Now truth be told...it would not be my normal plans for a gathering, but it was such a sweet evening of pampering and girly fun that you just couldn't resist having a good time. Plus how often do many of us get time to sit down and talk, hang out with ministry not happening around us.
We met in the lobby and were shuttled by drivers to a church parking lot. Then we had to walk about a block to a beautiful home where we were split into groups, given 4 different stations to move through and then hang out for dessert at the end of the night. The stations were potting herbs and decorating the pot. A cheese pairing station where we sampled different fancy schmancy cheeses and learned about how to serve them. A delicious dinner of beef medallions and potatoes, spring green salad and green beens. The final station was card stamping where we each got to create three cards to take home. Here's some photos from the night

My friend Sharon living the high life. Ahhhh so bougie we were that night...lol. (Not sure what bougie means? Check it out here.



Fun and sassy Debra came to give us the cheese pairing demo. While I am not a big cheese person, I must admit some of them were very tasty.


Dana, Amy and I. Two of the best coordinators you could ever want for your ministry. Detail oriented, loving, true servants. I am blessed to know them!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was a fun night :)

Owen already knocked over my herbs once but they are still growing...he he (even though they are in a hotel room)

Van said...

Hi Mindy, Thanks for coming over to visit me at my blog. Don't stress out, just soar on down here! Enjoyed reading about yur life and so appreciate you honesty. Great midwestern trait! Me too - I speak out a lot also and don't like wondering what others might me thinking. See you in two weeks.