Friday, October 14, 2005

Focus...

For the past months I have been praying for a little bit of
focus in where I should put my time and energy-ministrywise.
I have been involved in numerous ministries for the past few
years. Couples Ministry, Children's Ministry, Teen MOPS,
Brother Bob's Outreach...then those other one or two time a
year things like counseling at Breakaway or serving during
Harvest Fest at Elmbrook. I enjoy them all and the people
that I have become friends with are amazing! Perhaps because
I am outgoing and an overachiever by nature, it was so hard
to make the decision myself. Praying for God's guidance was
a natural request to make. Thankfully, God always knows when to
hit us over the head with reality. Wednesdays-when Teen MOPS
is held, was always a great day to be away. Marlon had his
bible study group at church, but Jordyn did not have any
activities. MOPS started at 5:15 (Marlon didn't leave until
just about 6) and was done by 7:30. This meant I could be home
in time to hang out with the kids for awhile and put them to
bed. Things change. Now that Jordyn is in high school, her
youth ministry meets on Wednesdays. She is loving the Lord and
we certainly don't want to limit her time spent in fellowship
with other teens who aren't afraid or ashamed that they have
chosen to put Christ in their life. Marlon attempted to find
another night for his men's group to meet, however, he was the
only one with a conflict on Wed. He needs this group and this
time. Aside of being his true, close friends, they are also
his accountability partners. The other wives and I talk about
how we can tell when they haven't had each other to turn to.
So my "handle it all" nature, leads me to start brainstorming
about how I am still going to get to Teen MOPS, who can I get
to watch the boys...until suddenly, God kind of hits me on the
head. Listen to the spirit. What have you been praying for?
So the decision to let Teen MOPS go was made for me. Just as
I prayed. I almost didn't listen, I almost put my concerns
and my judgement over HIS!
It got me thinking, howe often do we do that. Miss His answer
to prayer, because we are so busy trying to come up with the
solution ourselves? He is going to know what we can't see.
He has the master plan of our lives and it could be so much
easier if we would just follow His lead. We don't know, He
knows!
1Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty
hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time; Casting all your
care upon Him, for He careth for you.

No comments: