Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend fun...

Another busy weekend passed at the Pitchford home. On Friday, Jordyn
had a birthday party to attend for a friend. Her paternal great-
grandmother went to Heaven last week and the wake/service was Friday
night, so I went to that. Her father's family has always been so kind
to me and even though Tom and I never married or stayed together, they
have always welcomed me.
Saturday brought another soccer game-and the team that beat us the
first time 7-0, we tied 1-1. It was a great game and the boys played
so well! It is so wonderful to see how they've improved over the season.
Jordyn spent the day with her dad's family and we took the boys to
lunch as a reward for their hard work. Then I had a wedding shower for
a young lady from Teen MOPS. She recently got married and we wanted to
help her start out with a small celebration. Saturday night I watched
my niece for a bit because my sister and brother-in-law took the boys
for ice cream and to the store. After visiting for awhile, having a
great conversation with my sister-in-law DeeDee and getting everybody
in bed, I headed next door to my grandma's house to watch a movie with
my grandma, aunt and cousins. Have you seen Crash? If not, you
should...it is almost painful to watch because it is so true...the
racism and prejudice that exists.
Sunday Marlon was up and out early (6am)for Taycheedah. The rest of
the crew got up and off to church about 9:15. After Sunday school and
service, we went to lunch with everyone (parents, Aunt Darlene, Connie
and her kids) even Marlon got to come as he was back in time. After
lunch, the grandparents took the kids bowling. I went along to help
keep an eye on everyone! Finally home, there was time to visit at my
grandma's a little bit again, grocery shop, get some laundry done,
finish up homework and finally-sit and rest!
God is so good! There is nothing to do but praise Him for such great
blessings all weekend. A life lived that touched so many! Health and
strength in our kids and their good sportsmanship, food and shelter,
the financial means to care for our family! A young lady excited at her
new marriage and hopeful of it's endurance! The ability to touch others
with His love and truth through worship, singing, and example. My cousin
Tony is enjoying church and is seeking ways to make positive changes in
his life! Thank you Lord for giving us more than we ever deserve!

No comments: