Saturday, October 29, 2005

Yeahhhhhhhh!!!

God is so good. I've said it before, let me say it again.
God is so good!! So a few posts ago, I spoke about a job
at Elmbrook Church that I did not get. And how even though
I really wanted it, I was content with not getting it,
because I knew that must have meant that it wasn't the time.
Then a little over a week ago, I found out that the person
who had been hired-quit. Hmmm.... So I sent a little
e-mail and voicemail just to let them know I'd still be
interested and low and behold-they offered me the job on
Thursday!! It so exciting and I am so thankful that I had
this second opportunity. What fun it was to go in and give
my two weeks!! (Sorry, that was a little mean...)
My title is Administrative Assistant for the Children's
Ministry. You would be suprised at all of the administrative
tasks that go along with a ministry the size of Elmbrook's
Children's Ministry. Since the ministry is broken down into
subgroups (based on age), the Admin. Assist. is also the hub of
the department-connecting all of the areas and linking the
staff to what is going on.
November 14th will be my first official day at Elmbrook. There
are so many things that I am going to enjoy. No commute-it's only
about 7 minutes from my house. No unethical red tape-there aren't
political ties that determine how the director makes changes.
No stress-while I am sure that there will be some-it certainly
won't be to the level that I have now.
Thank you Lord for giving me this opportunity. I will take it and
make it Yours! Giving back freely and fully to your kingdom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job...best of luck to you!
Kerry

Anonymous said...

Finally have time to read... it's a good way to keep up on your life! Congratulations on the new position!