Friday, October 21, 2005

HE is in control...

So I am not that incredibly happy at my job. While I love feeling like I am contributing to society in a positive way...there are many problems where I work and I keep getting the feeling that there is something more out there for me. Unsure what God has in store for me. I am not the kind of person who is only involved in social issues on the job, it is who I am. The ministries that I participate in, the charge I get from seeing others find success, the satisfaction I feel when I have helped someone else-been a true servant...it is not just an "on-the-job" thing, it's the way I try to live my life. So when I applied for the job at church and didn't get it, I must admit I felt a little let down, disappointed. There was a part of me that wanted to say, "Please...don't I deserve this? Just think of the impact I could have if I wasn't so stressed at my 9 to 5?" But who am I?
I have a verse on my computer at work. It helps remind me in times like that...that God is always looking out for me...always has my best interest at heart. I just have to rely on that. 1Peter 5:6-7 "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you" I don't have to know why or how something happens...He does and if I continue to put all of my trust in Him, only good can come of it.

No comments: